Karolina's tournaments 2019

Post about this Rising tennis Star in here.
JimM

Karolina's tournaments 2019

Postby JimM » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:27 am

One game away from defeat, No.5 seed Karolina Pliskova won her second title at the Brisbane International thanks to a thrilling comeback against Lesia Tsurenko in the championship match.

BRISBANE, Australia - No.5 seed Karolina Pliskova authored a thrilling comeback to claim her second Brisbane International title on Sunday, rallying from a 6-4, 5-3 deficit to defeat Lesia Tsurenko, 4-6, 7-5, 6-2.

The former World No.1 was two points away from defeat in the second set, but rallied on serve at deuce when trailing 6-4, 5-3, and won 14 straight points en route to capping a thrilling second set comeback.

Congrats Karo :D :D :D

admin
Site Admin

Re: Karolina's tournaments 2019

Postby admin » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:26 pm

Karo now in AO Quarter finals. :) She can still be no. 1 again also... but there's still a long way...

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:46 pm

Serena next!

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:03 am

Karo d. Serena :) Into SF!

JimM

Postby JimM » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:54 am

Serena Williams knocked out of Australian Open by Karolina Pliskova after holding match points
By Jonathan Jurejko

The 37-year-old American, going for a record-equalling 24th Grand Slam singles title, led 5-1 in the decider but lost 6-4 4-6 7-5.

Pliskova, 26, won the last six games before taking her third match point.

"I think she just played lights out on match points," Williams said.

Former world number one Pliskova will meet Japan's Naomi Osaka in Thursday's semi-finals.

Osaka dominates Svitolina to reach Australian Open semis
Williams, seeded 16th, played down an ankle injury which she suffered during the rally as she missed her first match point when serving at 5-1, 40-30.

The American did not win another point on serve after the incident.

"She was hitting lines and went crazy. She played unbelievable on match points," Williams said.

"It was nothing to do with my ankle. Obviously I made some mistakes but she played really well."

Williams' inability to seal victory means a highly anticipated rematch of her controversial US Open final defeat by 21-year-old Osaka must wait.

Like fourth seed Osaka, Pliskova will be playing in the Melbourne last four for the first time.

She is one more victory from her second Grand Slam final, following defeat by Germany's Angelique Kerber in the 2016 US Open.

"I was almost in the locker room but now stand here as the winner," said Pliskova.

"My mind was in the locker room at 5-1 down but I was still here. I was too passive and mentally down. She got a little bit shaky in the end. I took my chances and I won.

"Naomi Osaka is dangerous but there is nobody more dangerous than Serena."

It was an extraordinary topsy-turvy match on Rod Laver Arena with Pliskova leading by a set and a break at 3-2 before Williams won nine games out of 10 to make victory appear a formality for the American.

Karolina Pliskova lost to Angelique Kerber in the 2016 US Open final
Former world number one Williams was considered the favourite to win the women's singles, and a first major title since giving birth, despite not playing competitively since losing to Osaka in New York.

A eighth triumph in Melbourne would have seen her move level with the 44-year record set by Margaret Court - but she lost in remarkable circumstances next door to the stadium named after the Australian.

After fighting back from an error-strewn first set to level, Williams manoeuvred herself into a winning position as Pliskova looked beaten in the decider.

Then came a gripping finale which left Williams - and those watching on Laver - stunned.

Holding match point at 5-1, Williams was called for a foot fault and then lost a rally with a forehand into the net.

That was compounded by her appearing to turn her ankle in the process, with a double fault and unforced backhand error giving Pliskova the break - and a glimpse of hope.

Pliskova seized that opportunity and the momentum which came with it, breaking to love for 5-4 and then holding serve, after saving three more match points, to level.

Williams' serve disintegrated as Pliskova, with the help of a forehand winner for 0-40, broke to love again which left her serving for the match.

Despite a minor blip as Williams saved two match points, Pliskova held her nerve to claim victory in two hours and 10 minutes.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

JimM

Postby JimM » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:19 pm

Ka. Pliskova (7) 2 6 4
N. Osaka (4) 6 4 6

:( :( :(

I think Osaka will win this slam

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:33 am

Miami SF: Karolina d. Halep 7-5, 6-1. :)

JimM

Postby JimM » Fri May 03, 2019 10:41 pm

Yastremska, Dayana

Pliskova, Karolina

Good luck Karo :)

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:10 pm

Birmingham Premier Event:

[1] Naomi Osaka JPN vs Maria Sakkari GRE
wc-Harriet Dart GBR vs Yulia Putintseva KAZ
Kristina Mladenovic FRA vs Evgeniya Rodina RUS
Dayana Yastremsja UKR vs [8] Julia Goerges GER

[4] Elina Svitolina UKR vs Margarita Gasparyan RUS
Ekaterina Alexandrova RUS vs Petric Martic CRO
Jelena Ostapenko LAT vs Qualifier
Anett Kontaveit EST vs [7] Johanna Konta GBR

[5] Aryna Sabalenka BLR vs Su-Wei Hsieh TPE
wc-Heather Watson GBR vs Barbora Strycova CZE
Qualifier vs Qualifier
Mihaela Buzarnescu ROU vs [3/wc] Karolina Pliskova CZE

[6] Qiang Wang CHN vs Qualifier
wc-Venus Williams USA vs Aliksandra Sasnovich BLR
Jennifer Brady USA vs Leisa Tsurenko UKR
Donna Vekic CRO vs [2] Ashleigh Barty AUS

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:11 pm

Kris Pliskova has won round 1 in Qualies. :)

Good Luck to both sis! :)

Return to “Karolina Pliskova”